POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transparent objects appear opaque : Re: transparent objects appear opaque Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparent objects appear opaque
From: Warp
Date: 18 Aug 2007 06:59:09
Message: <46c6d0fd@news.povray.org>
> > Every time a ray is reflected or refracted

> or when just passing through a transparent surface as in your case.

  That's, technically speaking, refraction. The refraction just doesn't
modify the direction of the ray.

  (One cool developement idea for povray would be, I think, that if a
surface has transparency, no reflection and no ior, iow. rays just pass
through unmodified (just taking the color of the surface), povray could
skip incrementing the recursion counter. That way you could have and
indefinite amount of transparent surfaces even if max_trace_level is
small.)

--
                                                          - Warp